Design Built on Proven Marketing Strategies!
Writing for the
Top Seven Tips
Judy Cullins © 2001-2005
Online readers love information, but be sure your information
is crisp, clear and concise.
- Target your web content to your preferred audience. A good way to
do that is to include your audience in the title or introduction.
When you focus your information on your audience, you write more compelling,
focused copy that your readers will love.
- Keep your paragraphs short, even a line or two. Online readers will
ignore long paragraphs in ezines or web sites. You will lose sales.
Respect readers who want short material.
- Make your headlines compelling. Test them on associates, edit them
at least five times. If your headlines are not compelling, visitors
will go to the next web site.
- Get to the point quickly in the title and the first sentence. Keep
your introduction and conclusion to a sentence or two.
- Make your copy strong, clear, and direct.
- Tell your readers what you want them to do. They are waiting for
your magic formula to make them richer, healthier, and happier.
- Eliminate superfluous words, adverbs (like "ly"), and passive verbs.
Replace linking verbs such as "is" and "was" with bold verbs. Use
powerful words that sell!
Keep these tips in mind to bring potential buyers to your Web site,
keep them at your Web site longer, and convert them to buyers.
for the Internet
Write tips in this format. Use this three-sentence formula to bring
the curious to you.
- First, use a verb as a command.
- Then mention the cost of not following your advise.
- End with a positive comment.
Keep these tips in mind, so that your articles will bring folks to
your Web site.
Judy Cullins: author, publisher, book coach, Author of Ten Non-techie
Ways to Market Your Book Online and Write your eBook or Other Short
Subscribe to FREE ezine "The Book Coach Says..." Email: Judy@bookcoaching.com
If you are not experienced with
web design, a professional designer can help you turn your text and
graphics into an easy-to-read, easy-to navigate, professional-looking
web site. Professional designers know which layout and techniques are
most effective. Visit http://www.fivestarwebdesign.com or call Leva
Duell at 760-722-0290.
professionally-designed Web site can double your sales!
Five Star Web Design specializes in designing professional,
easy-to-read-and-navigate Web sites that build trust, and
generate leads, customers, and sales.
Five Star Web Design
Contact me for a FREE
consultation, evaluation and quote
Or email me at Leva @ fivestarwebdesign.com