Follow the steps below to upload your Web pages
to a server via FTP (File Transport Protocol).
Many free FTP programs are available online, including SmartFTP, AceFTP, FileZilla, CuteFTP and FTP Commander. They are all similar.
- Find an FTP program. Just do a Google search for “free FTP program.”
- Install an FTP program.
- Open your FTP program.
- Type the following information in
the FTP program:
- The site name (domain name) or
IP address of your hosting company.
- Your user name or user ID.
- Your password.
- Click "Send" or "Post" to upload the
The video below demonstrates how an FTP program works to upload and download files.
I hope this video clarified how to upload and download files.